Sunday, November 18, 2007

The truth to life

I was able to find time to think about life. Despite having two noisy kids and a lot of house chores to be done, my mind was overloading itself with several thoughts all at once - the dreams, hopes, ambitions, responsibities, loves, hates, religion and the future. Somehow, after a year of constant mental activity, I couldn't find a way to rest my mind. If it was not thinking of work, it was always thinking of something else.
I thought about life, how those people I respected, cherished and loved would leave me. They have somehow given me reasons to be who I am, a distinctive character I call me. Life as funny as it is, does not come by being alive and living the way I wanted, but its through being part of a larger community that living comes alive. Everytime someone that I know departs from my life, a piece of me left with them. I felt a hollow of sadness created in my mind and my heart.
And most often, when people leave, they seldom keep in touch and I am not sure why. Thus the hollow persists until time somehow fills in the gaps. I have to let time heal my sadness.

No comments: