Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Irony of Life...

Every night, when I got home, I would always go to the kitchen for a glass of water. I got thirsty everytime I got home. Must be the water, its kinda sweet and soothing to my throat. But, before I pour out my glass of water, I will always look into my cup. Every day, ants would somehow find their way to my cup, crawl into it and search for the thirst quenching water that was left in the cup. I peered into their little lives, and saw how they struggled to find water, all the way up seven floors seeking that precious H2O to survive. But they died. Yes, they died of exploding stomach or getting drowned in the water after their stomach exploded. Basically, they have no way out but death. As I reflected on their lives, I saw how people's lives could be as sad. Lots of times we slogged away the night getting work done and knowing that in return for our achievements we are promised the gains of material wealth, financial security, food on the table, children happy, but yet not realising that we lost our lives in the process.

At the end of the road, many will find themselves in the same situation as the ants in my cup, struggled so hard to get what we wanted, and when we got them, struggled to get out of it. It's so sad, that many didn't, and couldn't make it out alive.
The moral of the story is, do what is right in life and to be contented. You will never feel that you have enough of anything. Like the ants didn't know that they are taking too much of water until they burst or drowned. It is greed. Do not try and do the right thing, but do what is right. And always remember this - that having too much of anything will knock you out...cold.

No comments: