Friday, July 07, 2006

At the Singapore Botanical Gardens

Lily pond next to the SBG symphony orchestra stage
Its was a beautiful Sunday afternoon when I took my family down to the Singapore Botanical Gardens. I was so captivated by the lily pond that I took this picture above. I was also looking for pond life beneath those broad round lily leaves (they float!). It was simply amazing how many species of creatures you could find there, right under those big round leaves!
Samuel and I fed a whole loaf of Gardenia bread (we bought at a petrol station before reaching SBG) to the carps, arrowanas, koi, snakeheads, and the countless turtles and terrapins (owners released them). They were so hungry oh boy, I recommend that when you are planning to go to the SBG, please buy some more bread for them, they are really starving, poor animals.....

No comments: