Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Here I am, safe from trouble

Dear all, it is good to be back on my blog. It has been almost a month since I stop writing about my life. The past one month was the worst and the most enriching moments of my entire life. It is like the catchy Star-Trek theme, "To a place where no man has gone before". Certainly there are already a lot of people here in Australia, but the feeling of coming over with my family was really like the feeling of being the first strange encounter in a foreign soil. I thank God for His protection and mercy. Without Him, everything can go wrong and will go wrong. When I thought about every bits of memory I took with me to Australia, I cherish them to the last drop. I miss everyone in my ex-school, and my dear friends I have "abandoned" in Singapore. You are and will remain my true friends.
The life here is fascinating. Everything stops after working hours. A few supermarkets will remain open until 8pm, but they also close early on weekends. It is fascinating how shopping is not a favourite past-time among Australians. I realised that the TV set is a lot more interesting that going shopping. The work-life balance is very real here. Everyone works because they want to have a good life, not to get a busy one. I am not sure how this drives their economy, but we back home really worked too hard by their standards.
I miss all my students who send me off that special night. I have all their farewell gifts as my companion in the night when I miss them. It is getting cold here and winter has probably arrived early this year. Gotta wrap up well and keep warm to avoid getting a severe chill. I will put some photos when I take some and post for all of you. =)
Take care and study hard.

No comments: